Host Bart Zandbergen was joined in the studio virtually by Cure Duchenne Founder and CEO Debra Miller. If you have ever had the pleasure of meeting Debra, her husband Paul, or their son Hawken, you know how inspiring their journey has been. Debra’s son Hawken was diagnosed with Duchenne, which is a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy, at the age of 5. Today, he is 25, a USC graduate and a successful journalist. Debra founded Cure Duchenne about a year into Hawken’s diagnosis. Through the organization’s fundraising efforts, which have funded important research, the life expectancy for those with Duchenne has increased by nearly 10 years. In this special episode, Debra shares details about her journey, her hopes for the future, and her goals for the 2022 Napa in Newport Gala.
In this episode learn more about:
– What Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is and who it impacts
– How Cure Duchenne is funding research to hopefully find a cure
– How Hawken is doing as he manages this condition daily
– What transpired to bring Napa in Newport to fruition with 2022 being its eighth year
– What the record breaking amount was that Napa in Newport raised last year and what Debra’s fundraising goal is for this year’s event
– How a Donor Advised Fund can play a pivotal role in charitable giving
To learn more about Cure Duchenne, please visit: https://cureduchenne.org/
The Zandbergen Report, where wealth strategies and investment wisdom collide, is led by host Bart Zandbergen. The show is also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Store, Podbean and Spotify.
Interested in being a guest on The Zandbergen Report? Email email@example.com.
Learn more about Bart by visiting www.BartZandbergen.com
NO OFFER OR SOLICITATION: The contents of this podcast episode: (i) do not constitute an offer of securities or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities, and (ii) may not be relied upon in making an investment decision related to any investment offering Axxcess Wealth Management, LLC, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Axxcess does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. Opinions are our current opinions and are subject to change without notice. Prices, quotes, rates are subject to change without notice. Generally, investments are NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT BANK GUARANTEED and MAY LOSE VALUE.