Host Letitia Berbaum was joined in the podcast studio by Veronica Stephens who is the Education & Outreach Manager for Laura’s House. In her role, Veronica provides domestic violence education presentations and resources to non-profit agencies, first responders, corporations, working professionals and governmental agencies. Laura’s House was inspired by a true story about a woman called Laura who was a victim of domestic violence. Since its inception in 1994, Laura’s House has continued to grow and offer a multitude of programs and services which provide vital support and education aimed at avoiding such tragic circumstances from ever occurring again. For the last 28 years, Laura’s House has provided shelter and supportive services to more than 5,000 abused women, men and children and counseling, life skills education and legal advocacy to over 55,000 persons. Today, Laura’s House continues to be the only state-approved comprehensive domestic violence agency in South Orange County. Annually, Laura’s House provides residential shelter services, transitional housing, counseling and workshops, and legal services to thousands of individuals. Over 2500 crisis calls come in each year on our 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 1.866.498.1511.
In this episode learn more about:
– What the current statistics are related to domestic violence among men, women and teens
– Why preventative measures are necessary to break the cycle of domestic violence
– How teen dating domestic abuse is on the rise and why this created the need for teen-focused services
– How emotional abuse affects self-worth and how to recognize it
– What EMDR Therapy is and how it can be effective in treating trauma
– The Mankind OC Project and what support the program will include
– Different ways people can get involved to give back
– The Upcoming GALA happening October 1st, 2022 called “The Next Adventure.” This event is hosted by Laura’s House and will be taking place at the Newport Beach Country Club. Click HERE to learn more.
The Zandbergen Report, where wealth strategies and investment wisdom collide, is led by host Bart Zandbergen. The show is also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Store, Podbean and Spotify.
Interested in being a guest on The Zandbergen Report? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Bart by visiting www.BartZandbergen.com
NO OFFER OR SOLICITATION: The contents of this podcast episode: (i) do not constitute an offer of securities or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities, and (ii) may not be relied upon in making an investment decision related to any investment offering Axxcess Wealth Management, LLC, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Axxcess does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. Opinions are our current opinions and are subject to change without notice. Prices, quotes, rates are subject to change without notice. Generally, investments are NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT BANK GUARANTEED and MAY LOSE VALUE.